Becoming a Member
WHY BE A MEMBER?
We believe that financially strong and stable members build a stronger Union!
New England Teamsters Federal Credit Union has a legacy of Teamsters helping Teamsters and their families. While building your financial future, your membership helps us provide loans and services to your brother and sister Teamsters.
We offer great rates on auto loans, mortgage loans and credit cards as well as premium rates on Individual Retirement Accounts and Certificates of Deposit. We work with your employer, pension fund, or Social Security to coordinate direct deposit and payroll deduction to your accounts.
You’ll have the convenience of instant access to your accounts with our Mobile Banking, Mobile Check Deposit, VISA ATM/Debit Card, Virtual Branch, and Bill-Pay.
In addition to hands-on personal service, we offer debt counseling to help our members reach their financial goals, and we enthusiastically support local Teamster charities throughout New England.
All deposits insured in full by NCUA and MSIC.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Let’s get started with your Membership Application. We’ll need to verify your identity and Local Teamster affiliation. We’ll provide the first $5 to open your Savings Account and waive the monthly fee for the first 30 days when you set up Direct Deposit. Once your Direct Deposit kicks in, just maintain a $100 minimum balance and there will be no monthly maintenance fee!
NEED READY ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT?
Let us open a companion Value Checking for you. With Mobile Banking, Mobile Check Deposit, Virtual Branch, and Bill-Pay, you can move funds between your Savings and Checking. You can make five FREE withdrawals per month at countless SUM, NYCE and CO-OP in-network ATMs throughout the country. You can always withdraw funds at no cost at our main office in Arlington, MA, or we can provide you with a check, by phone or, in person at one of our 10 service centers.
- A Teamster or honorary (retired) Teamster of any Teamster local within the jurisdiction of Teamsters Joint Council 10 (New England).
- An employee of any Teamster local within the jurisdiction of Teamsters Joint Council 10.
- An employee of Teamsters Local 25 Health and Welfare Fund, or the New England Teamsters and Trucking Industry Pension Fund.
- An un-remarried spouse of a person who died while within the field of membership, or an employee of the Credit Union.
- A credit union member’s immediate family (i.e., spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings and adoptive relationships) as well as household members (i.e., persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit).